Friday, October 3, 2008

Did She Do It?

On October 2nd 2008 a vice presidential debate was held between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden. A writer from the “Dallas Morning News” argues the fact if Palin survived the debate. In my opinion yes, I feel that she held her own! She stood strong! Although she did not fall, she also did not prove herself to the American people!
The Arthur of the editorial “Palin survives to fight another day” (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/editorials/stories/DN-debate_03edi.ART.State.Edition1.18a5ad6.html)argues that she did not fall flat on her face, but at the same time she did not win the debate either. This editorial was trying to get the American voters attention, and opinions on how they felt Palin did. I completely agree with the Arthur on the fact that the debate did not change the dynamics of the race. I feel that it still is leaning towards Obama.
Mr. Biden was very strong when he spoke about the issues concerning our government’s economy. As Mrs. Palin spoke very strong about making our government energy independent. The Arthur aggress as well when it comes to who spoke better on what topics. There are some topics that I disagree with in the editorial. I feel at the start of the debate Palin showed how nervous she was. She started out very slow and not really giving answers to the questions that were asked. I feel that she kept going back and repeating the same things over again when Biden would take a shot at something she said. She did how ever get better towards the middle of the debate. The editorial states that Palin started out sharp, and strong. I’m not sure which debate the Arthur was watching but it was not the start of the same one I was.
I feel that the Arthur has a slight liking to Mrs. Palin when it comes down to it. I do feel Palin did hold her own, but I don’t feel that she did as well as the editorial is giving her credit for!

No comments: